Sunday, February 5, 2023

Tasting - Chianti Classico

 Name: Famiglia Castellani Chianti Riserva 2017 Classico

Variety: Sangiovese

Region: Chianti

Country: Italy

Year: 2017

Price: $12.55

Wine Review: It is subtle and elegant, expressing more flavors at mid-palate and on the finish than at the front of the mouth (which is more typical of New World wines). As with all fine wines, Chianti Classico improves with bottle aging, up to 15 or 20 years in the better vintages. - Wine Review Online

Wine Folly: On page 250 of Wine Folly, it listed cherry, balsamic, and some weird ones like dried salami. I could easily taste and smell the dark berry flavors, and the balsamic made sense in the aftertaste. 

My Review: Tasted this wine of the Cotes du Rhone and Pinot Noir, and since I have not had much wine before, they all tasted very similarly to me. I could definitely pick up on some of the cherry, and what tasted like blueberry. I tried it with some simple shredded parmesan cheese, but didn't really get the pairing. Also got some more citrusy smells and some other smell that I couldn't identify.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Blanc de Costis

Name: Blanc de Costis Country: France Region: Bordeaux Variety: Sauvignon Blanc 70%, Semillon 30% Vintage: 2020 Price: $12.99 Winery Review:...