Sunday, February 19, 2023

Tasting - Whiskers Blake Classic Tawny Port

 Name: Whiskers Blake Classic Tawny 

Variety: Syrah, Grenache, Muscat Noir, Tinta Madeira

Country: Australia 

Region: South Eastern Australia 

Vintage: 2008 

Price: $16 

Winery Review: Rich tawny color with olive hues. The nose is reminiscent of chocolate with coffee overtones. The palate is smooth and mellow with good length and a dry finish. Classic rancio characters are also evident in this flavorsome wine. - wine.com

Wine Folly: The book mentioned flavors of black plum, dried cherry, chocolate, raisin, and cinnamon. I could smell the raisin and some hints of a dark berry. Got some chocolate taste as well. 

My Review: Overall, I just found this wine overpowering. I could smell and taste a lot of the flavors, but the feel and taste of molasses was too strong. The sweetness as well was a little strong for my taste. I don't have a whole lot more to say on this one. The flavors were just too strong for my taste and I did not enjoy this one. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Blanc de Costis

Name: Blanc de Costis Country: France Region: Bordeaux Variety: Sauvignon Blanc 70%, Semillon 30% Vintage: 2020 Price: $12.99 Winery Review:...