Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Tasting - Tilia Merlot

 Name: Tilia Merlot

Variety: 100% Merlot

Country: Argentina

Region: Mendoza

Vintage: 2021

Price: $12

Winery Review: "The nose offers aromas of juicy black cherries and black plums with hints of sweet spice and vanilla. On the palate the wine is soft and elegant with black cherry and plum flavors and fine, supple tannins" (wine.com)

Wine Folly: The book had cherry, plum, chocolate, and vanilla for the main flavors. I picked up the cherry, vanilla, and a little bit of the chocolate. 

My Review: I could easily taste the red berry, which I assume was the cherry. I'm not sure what plum tastes like, but this wine had a rich color and flavor. It had a chocolaty aftertaste and it was quite jammy and smooth. It coated the mouth and lingered for a while. As with most of the red wines, it had a strong vanilla scent, and overall this wine was pretty enjoyable. Not my favorite of all time, but it was a good wine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Blanc de Costis

Name: Blanc de Costis Country: France Region: Bordeaux Variety: Sauvignon Blanc 70%, Semillon 30% Vintage: 2020 Price: $12.99 Winery Review:...