Thursday, January 19, 2023

 My experiences with wine so far have been little to none. Drinking wine is not something I have done at all yet. The extent that I have seen wine in my life is the occasional drink my parents will have. I know of people who love wine, I know of people who like it alright and will drink it for special occasions, and I know of people who hate it and will have nothing to do with it. I understand that it is an acquired taste, and as such it is something I want to get some experience with. 

One of the main things I want to get out of this class is an education in wine. I currently know next to nothing about different types of wine, wine taste, and pairing foods with wine. I want to experience what all the excitement is about and see how to enjoy wine. Learning about different types of wine and being able to definitely say whether I will enjoy the occasional wine drink should be a very valuable experience for me. 

My tastes lead me to believe that I could enjoy wine, at least as a novel taste. In general, there is very little in the way of tastes that I do not like. I prefer not to eat certain citrus fruits and onions, but that is about it as far as the limitations. Otherwise, I can enjoy all kinds of spicy, sweet, sour, bitter, and other kinds of flavors, at least within moderation. If nothing else, I want to expand the knowledge of my own tastes, and probably expand my tastes in this class.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Blanc de Costis

Name: Blanc de Costis Country: France Region: Bordeaux Variety: Sauvignon Blanc 70%, Semillon 30% Vintage: 2020 Price: $12.99 Winery Review:...