Sunday, January 29, 2023

Tasting - Angeline Pinot Noir

 Name: Angeline Vineyard Pinot Noir

Variety: 100% Pinot Noir

Country: USA

Region: North Coast California

Vintage: 2021

Price: $11.65

Winery Review: Vivid notes of black raspberry, fresh pomegranate juice, with wild blueberry, sassafras, subtle licorice, toasted oak an earthy backbone, and grippy tannins.

Wine Folly: The Pinot Noir on page 150 had cherry, raspberry, and vanilla that I was able to notice. The berry flavors were the main ones but the vanilla was a more subtle one. Noticed the light body, especially compared with the medium and heavy bodied ones we tried later. 



My Review: Interesting first experience with wine, had to get past the initial taste before I could start to make out and appreciate flavors. Got to make out and enjoy some small red berry flavors, like cherry and raspberry, with a hint of vanilla. The book also said there was some mushroom in there, which I could not make out, but at the same time I could see it. Pairing with provolone took off some of the edge and brought out some more of the flavors. I think I will still need to get used to the taste, but a good first experience I think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Blanc de Costis

Name: Blanc de Costis Country: France Region: Bordeaux Variety: Sauvignon Blanc 70%, Semillon 30% Vintage: 2020 Price: $12.99 Winery Review:...